Generating and submitting the sitemap to one of the webmaster tools is an important and critical process for your website. Basically, you have to do this when you are going to launch a new site and in that case, you have to submit sitemaps to verify your site identity. By submitting the sitemap, one can expect better traffic. To submit your sitemap, WordPress tools plays a major role to get it submit in the most simple way.
Step 1) Create a Sitemap
Firstly you have to create a sitemap for your WordPress blog and to create it, you can install a plugin which meant for your sitemap. The plugin name “Google XML Sitemaps” and get it install at the initial step.
Step 2) Generate a Sitemap
Secondly, you have to generate sitemap through “Google XML Sitemaps” plugin. You have to go to the settings>XML-Sitemap and click on the “Click here” to build a sitemap. On the click, it will generate the sitemap which is later submitted to the Google webmaster too
Step 3) Submit a Sitemap
The final step is to submit and add a sitemap to the google Webmaster tools.
1) Login into the Google Webmaster tools and add your business site which enables you to submit the sitemap.
2) After adding the site, you have to verify the added site through Google webmasters. To do this, download an html file to upload the hosting.
3) Finally, add the sitemap and after adding it, you will be directed to the website search settings. You have to just go to Crawl>>sitemaps and then on “Add a Sitemap”.
4) After that fill the sitemap path such as sitemap.xml format.
5) At last, submit your sitemap.
Hence, you will get the perfect way to update your all links at the specific site like posts, pages as well as categories and by doing this, Google will get the fresh content through the sitemap.xml file. It is one one of the necessary step that one must always do while doing SEO for your website.